Monday, May 12, 2008

Everything is bigger in Texas

This picture does not do this article's title justice, but my phone was all I had at the time I saw this big snake.

There we were, minding our own business, when out of nowhere a big (at least four foot) snake appeared in the street in front of my sister's house this weekend. I didn't dare go any closer to take the picture because that snake was very quick and seemed to be moving towards me as I got closer to get a better look at it.

My brother in law called his HOA and the City office of code enforcement to see if they could do anthing about it, but they both pointed the finger at each other. The snake probably came from the tall grass next to their house and it turns out that the land is owned by the land developer. It is the responsibility of the land owner and not the HOA or city code enforment to maintain the land and therby not create a haven for snakes. Welcome to home ownership y'all.

Don't let this little story scare you off from visiting the great state of Texas, but just be forwarned. Now you know why cowboys liked to wear tall leather boots in places like Texas.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: