Monday, May 12, 2008

Is this mobile blogging?

While I admit that I am new to the world of blogging and even newer to the world of mobile blogging, I couldn't help grabbing an image of Sarah working on her laptop to load images from the camera and type out a blog post. While this has been a standard for mobile workers for years, is it still 'mobile'?

Given the powerful mobile phones and PDAs we have today, how many of us still think our laptops are mobile? I still think twice before bringing my laptop on a trip because it is bulky and the power cable/block are bulky too. The only time I bring them are when I will be gone during normal business days that might require that I use them. I wish my company would be open to the idea of letting us use a vpn connection on our mobile devices. Then I could forgo the laptop on trips and just carry my smartphone and small travel charger.

So let me come full circle and ask, is blogging from a laptop mobile blogging?

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Supa Duck said...

Mobile is more a term referred towards phones and pdas as you described, a portable term sounds more acceptable, as in a portable laptop. In any case, laptops are still a usable commodity, perhaps you should take a look at the eee laptops from asus to see how far technology has gone in terms of small sized computers. cheers!